Rio Carnival Tickets 2020
- The day, sector and the ticket type (whether you want to stay on the bleachers, on one of the allocated Private Chairs, sit in a box, in a luxury suit or club in the Party Lounge).
- The best and most important parading nights are Carnival Sunday and Monday, when the biggest and best samba schools parade (the Main Parades). The two days are similar in terms of set-up and quality. 6 of the best 12 samba schools in the First League (the Special Group) march on both days. Monday might be a better choice, as the atmosphere reaches its absolute height by then.
- The Champions' Parade is another good option if you want to see only the six best samba schools of the 2020 Rio Carnival. However this is rather like a gala night and the atmosphere is less heated as this Parade does not make part of the competition any longer.
- Do opt for the Preliminary Parades, with schools in the Secondary League parading (Friday and Saturday being similar in terms of the quality of the schools) only if you cannot afford a night with samba schools of the First League.
- Different schools march on the Carnival Sunday and Monday, which are the two main parading days. Thus the show is different. See the 2020 Parading Order & Schedule to decide for the day, depending on which schools you want to watch. In 2020 the currant leader parades on Monday.
- As Brazilians usually want to see the schools in the First League (the Special Group - on Sunday and Monday) Grandstand tickets for the Preliminary Parades do not need to be booked in advance.
- Tickets for the Private Chairs are distributed for free by the samba schools among their communities.
- Other good seats (in the boxes or our Luxury Suites), which are popular, should also be bought in time.
- Sectors in the middle or slightly towards the end of the runway are excellent, such as sector 6 - 11. Paying just a little bit more for a ticket makes a big difference when it comes to the view.
- Sector from 8 to 11 are probably the best, as most judges are located at this height of the Avenue and you will be facing the Drummers’ Niche. Here you will enjoy the ideal view of the drummers who will stop, play and perform right in front of your eyes with some truly compelling atmosphere.
- Even-numbered sectors 2, 4, 6 and 8 have recently been built. Although they offer the same view as the opposite odd-numbered ones, they offer newer facilities and access to a special area where live music is played. Note that Sector 12 do not allow access to that popular space.
- Although Sector 9 is generally known as "The tourist Sector", feel free to order any kind of ticket available on our dedicated Samba Parade ticket page.
- All box and sector 9 seats are numbered and allocated. All other grandstands offer free seating, without allocated places where the first-come-first-served principle applies.
- Our allocation of the exact seats of the required seat type takes place shortly before ticket collection to optimize requests, making all efforts to assign adjoining seats for people in groups together.
Beware Sectors 12 - 13 as they only offer a view of the end of the show.
Opt for Sectors 6 - 11 if you can afford it, as you will have a significantly better view of the performance of all parts of the schools at that height/section of the Avenue.
If you want to go for an even-numbered Sector because of the live music being played at the entrance of the Sectors 2, 4, 6 and 8 then note that Sector 12 do not allow access to that popular space.
- Go for the Open Font Boxes or the Grandstands in Sector 9 with less to spend, for the Grand Tier Boxes if you want more comfort and style and for the Luxury Suites for VIP seating and treatment. Book the Private Chairs in sector 12 and 13 only if you absolutely can't afford better seats to avoid disappointment, as they are at the far end of the show. (We receive complaints about them every year.)
- If you want your numbered seat(s) allocated next to the seats of another order (grouped together with tickets of another order of yours or another customer of ours), request us to do so giving us the order numbers to be allocated together in a message from your Carnival Account page (up to 6 people for the boxes).
- We allocate the exact seat numbers to the orders with numbered seats only before collection time, trying to optimize requests and to assign adjoining seats for people in groups together.
- After the Sambodromo's recent reconstruction, only the Grandstands in Sector 12 and 13 have restricted view, due to the fact that they are at the very end of the Parade.
- Beware Sectors 12-13 and the Private Chairs in those sectors as they only offer a view of the end of the show.
The Luxury Suites have by far the best seats in the Sambodromo. These suites are covered boxes with the best view, at an elevated level.
Our Luxury Suites are air-conditioned and offer VIP treatment with sumptuous buffet supper where two butlers per suite serve up drinks the whole night through. You will be among the ultimate "A" crowd here.
Our special extra security guard at the entrance of our suites provide an added level of security granting admission only to our VIP guests with tickets for that suite.
Then follow the Grand Tier Boxes in Sector 7 with cushioned and covered seats having also a coffee table for added comfort.
The Open Front Boxes in front of most sectors are also excellent. Consider raw C or D for a better viewpoint at a slightly elevated level. As Brazilians prefer raws right on the samba runway, raw A is more pricey.
Come to our Luxury Suite
- Go for Sectors 10 - 11 rather than 2 - 3. Opt for the Private Chairs only if you cannot afford better seats, to avoid disappointment.
- All tickets still available to order appear on our dedicated Samba Parade ticket page. Feel free to order them.
- See prices on the dedicated Samba Parade ticket page. That page is kept up to date. Our Administration Fee will be added in your shopping cart.
- Children under 5 are not allowed to attend the Samba Parade. Children over 5 have to pay the full price and be in their parents' or legal guardian's company.
- Student and elderly concessions are only available for the Grandstands in Sector 12 and 13 (which are not available through this site).
- Although we keep ticket orders under the Account Holder's name, the tickets are not issued with and do not bear that name. Thus the names of the actual patrons are not needed for ordering the tickets and can be ordered in anyone's name who has a Carnival Account with us.
- Straight after sending us your order, you'll see your order on your Carnival Account page. It is always kept up-to-date and shows the status of your payment, too.
- Certain security checks and card authentication will take place first before payment is taken from your account. Wait and do not try to make payment again as long as it says that payment is waiting to avoid double charge which could take weeks to rectify.
- When your payment is successful and authorized by the third-party payment processing company, you will receive our written payment confirmation with all your order details. The status of your order on your Carnival Account page will also show that your payment has been received.
- We will undertake all necessary procedures to book, hold, exchange the ticket vouchers, tickets, etc. for you until the actual magnetic cards are handed over.
- Beyond your statutory rights, ticket orders are refundable and can be canceled until October 31st, 2019.
- They are non-changeable and non-refundable thereafter in respect of the nature of the arrangements by our Event Partners.
- How do I change or cancel my order?
- You or a representative can withdraw the tickets from our Reception Center located at Rua Barata Ribeiro, 489 - in Copacabana, from February 20th until February 24th and for Champions' Parade on February 29th from 10:00h to 22:00h. You can also receive them at any address in the City of Rio de Janeiro, for a small delivery fee.
- We only deliver tickets within Rio de Janeiro and do not send them or any vouchers to anywhere outside Rio.
- You will receive all your items after your arrival in Rio de Janeiro. You can choose whether you want to pick them up from our Visitors' Reception Center or to have your tickets delivered to your address in the city of Rio de Janeiro.
- Yes. We deliver tickets to any address within the boundary of the city of Rio de Janeiro for a small fee (some occasional rejections e.g. out of safety considerations).
- Tickets will be delivered at the same day as your first parade. In case you have more than one order, they will be delivered at the day of your first parade you have bought. (ex.: purchases for Sunday and Monday will be delivered on Sunday.)
- Our delivery days are from February 21st. to February 24th and February 29th
- We also deliver tickets to cruise ships arriving at the Port of the city of Rio de Janeiro upon their arrival. We will ask you for the name of your ship and provide the exact collection details. The tickets are not delivered at the Cabins
- The same Account Holder only has to pay the delivery fee once, even for multiple orders, if all his items have to be delivered together to the same address. Please pay it on our site in advance.
- Yes, however, the Delivery service is not valid for costumes. See the current Ticket Delivery fee in your shopping cart.
- After your aproved payment delivery process, we will send you an e-mail asking your delivery address and the instructions.
- People arriving by a cruse ship will only have to inform their ship name on the e-mail delivery instruction. Their tickets will arrive upon arrival and will be advised about where to collect them depending on their vessel.
Yes. You can request us to deliver them to an authorized person. It is also possible to deliver your tickets in a hotel reception; however, it is necessary that you be present to receive them.
You will be able to indicate your wish that you would like your items to be received by someone else on your Carnival Account page. You will only have to mail us the Authorization Form with a copy of your passport.
- It is considered to be the safest place in South America. There is a very high concentration of international celebrities, politicians and royalties among the crowd. It is surrounded by huge perimeter fencing which no-one can pass without being checked for both, safety, security and commercial reasons. All sectors are equally safe. To get there, you should consider the Sambodromo Round Transfer service, to safeguard your valuables.
- The parades start at 21:00. See the 2020 Parading Schedule.
An average person generally watches 3-4 samba schools. Arriving early is a good idea, to secure a good place, etc.
Particularly if you hold a grandstand ticket with no assignment, you should arrive early. This way you have good chances to sit where you please.
The best and easiest way to get to the Sambodromo to watch the Samba Parade is the Sambodromo Round Transfer. It has been
especially set up to facilitate ticket holders' transfer to and from the Sambodromo on Carnival days when roads around the
Sambodromo are closed and traffic comes to a standstill.
It is designed to give you direct, quick and safe access to the Sambodromo.
Taxis operate with an increased fare table and cannot get very close.
Avoid taking buses as they cannot arrive within walking distance.